TransGo SK 48RE Shift Kit
2003-2007 Dodge Cummins 5.9L 24V (48RE)
The TransGo SK 48RE Shift Kit helps increase the performance of your 2003-2008 Dodge Ram 2500/3500 with a Chrysler 48RE transmission. Most 48RE owners complain about the 2nd gear band, direct clutch failure, TCC slip and shudder, and torque converter drain-back.
The Transgo Kit gives you the internal valve body components that are designed for higher operating pressures. This results in max line pressures set to 115 PSI in 1st,2nd,3rd, and up to 160 PSI in 4th gear or lock-up. This kit gives you a significant increase in torque capacity for the friction elements including the torque converter clutch. Elevated pressures are ideal for heavy work as well as towing and performance.
The Transgo Shift Kit gives you a short and clean shift with no banging, longer TC clutch life, and reduced torque converter drain back. This kit does not require transmission removal for installation.
Corrects, Prevents, Reduces:
- TCC slip or shudder
- Reduces converter drain-back
- 2nd band failure
- 3rd clutch failure
- Increased TCC and clutch torque capacity
- Improves TCC engagement feel
- Provides short clean shifts.
- Increased Line Pressure
- Enhanced Transmission Performance
- Longer Torque Converter Clutch Life
- (3) High-temp low shrink sealing rings
- Lower 1-2 accumulator spring
- Throttle valve spring (for optional later upshifts)
- Part throttle body transfer plate, pin, and detent limit valve spring
- Part throttle valve spacer (for units with TTVA motor and modified programming)
- USA-made hardened steel manual valve with converter charge in park provision
- Mumbly peg (for easy detent spring and ball installation)
- (3) 3-4 accumulator springs and plug for accumulator housing
- Transfer plate, tapered plug, spring, check ball and limit bushing
- 3-4 quick fill valve spring
- Main valve body separator plate
- Solenoid body plate
- PR valve shim, spring seat and inners pring for line-to-converter feed provision
- Boost valve bracket and optional tuning plate
- (2) Drill bits
Here at ProSource Diesel, we take great pride not only in providing the best that the industry has to offer for upgrades to your truck but also in making sure we provide the absolute best fluids and maintenance items to ensure safe and reliable operation for years to come. Your truck relies on the best fluids and filters to work together in making sure your investment is safe. We spend countless hours researching and testing the products we recommend in our catalog. This way we can bring to you comprehensive service kits that meet or exceed factory specifications and can take the abuse of heavy-duty work and play.
In this case, any time you open up your transmission to upgrade or replace parts that open up the lubrication system we recommend replacing your fluid and filters.