DFC Diesel Remanufactured Street Series Long Block
2011-2019 6.7L Powerstroke
DFC Diesel Rebuilders was founded in 2010 and was created to change the way you perceive remanufactured diesel performance engines. DFC Diesel set out to build the highest quality engines available, with the most comprehensive warranty in the business, while providing a cost-effective option versus purchasing a stock engine from the dealership. Diesel engines will change materials, components and designs over time, but DFC Diesel’s unrelenting pursuit to offer the highest quality product will always evolve to surpass OEM quality but also surpass customer expectations. Any manufactured product is only as good as the people performing the work as that is what makes the difference when it comes to attention to detail that will produce repeatable quality time after time.
The DFC Diesel Remanufactured Long Block Engine Assembly is a remanufactured long block for your 2011-2019 6.7L Powerstroke powered pickup. All engines have been remanufactured to factory specs using all new industry-recognized name brand parts that meet and exceed OEM specifications. The block has been professionally machined and bored for use with the next oversized piston size. All New OEM or equivalent pistons, rings, and gaskets are used to ensure the highest quality and consistency of our engines. Our Remanufactured Cylinder Heads have all new seats, guides, valves, and stem seals as well as being resurfaced and magnafluxed.
Our Street Series of engines are DFC’s flagship product. Built for work trucks, daily drivers and the diesel enthusiast in mind these engines are a vast improvement from stock as they contain important upgrades to common problem areas. Street Series are Long Blocks with ARP Series 2000 Head Studs.
Long Block Assemblies Include:
- Front cover with seal
- Rear cover with main seal
- All internal components
- Important installation instructions
- Oil cooler & housing
- Oil pan
- Complete Top End gasket kit to finish install
- Complete short block assembly, plus cylinder heads
- All rockers preset to factory specs
- Valve covers
- All engines come standard with Total Seal gapless piston rings.
- Machined with some of the most advanced Rottler machining equipment in North America.
- All NEW pistons, rings, bearings, gaskets, seals, valves, springs, stem seals and cast guides standard in every engine.
DFC stands behind its products with one of the industry’s leading 5-year 100,000-mile or 5-year 160,000-km warranty.
Suggested Parts Checklist (Available Separately):
- Engine Oil Cooler – If your engine had a failure that resulted in metal flakes being pumped through the crankcase it is vital to replace all external components that carry oil in order to not damage the newly installed engine.
- Injectors – Going with a replacement Long Block it is a good idea to at least have the original injectors sent out to be balanced and rebuilt prior to putting them back in. Ideally, you would replace the lot with new or remanufactured injectors from a reputable source. We recommend maintaining your fuel system with regular fuel treatments that clean and protect. Liqui Moly offers the latest Truck Series Complete Diesel System Cleaner which was designed specifically for this purpose.
- Turbocharger – If you are replacing your engine chances are it has a decent amount of miles on it. You would not install an old furnace into a new home, would you? If keeping things OE then a good OE remanufactured turbo would suffice to ensure long and reliable operation. Keep in mind Turbos are cooled by oil and some by coolant. If you had oil that was contaminated with metal shavings servicing/replacing the turbo and cleaning or replacing the feed and return oil lines is paramount. Liqui Moly Pro-Line Turbo Additive is highly recommended when installing a new turbo in order to protect it during the first moments in it’s new home.
- Water Pump/Thermostat – The cooling system is vital to your engine’s livelihood! It is extremely important to replace these items as they too wear out with age. If your vehicle suffered from overheating make sure you fix the root cause of the problem. Flush and clean your system periodically as part of regular maintenance.
- Ceratec Oil Additive will be a great life insurance policy for your engine as it will help protect it’s internals from excessive wear.
- Valve Seats – The factory induction hardened seat material in the 6.0 and 6.4 is machined out and hardened SBI valve seats are installed in every intake and exhaust seat pocket preventing premature cracking in the future.
- Valves – DFC installs new valves from MAHLE/Clevite or SBI in every cylinder head we remanufacture. Most companies will re-grind and install used again.
- Core criteria – Ensuring every engine is built to the same high-quality standards as the next DFC is very strict on what is remanufactured rejecting components that require considerable “restoring” to acceptable specifications.
- Weighed Rotating Assemblies – DFC Diesel’s production engines are typically matched with near-identical weight piston and connecting rod assemblies giving our customers a smoother running and quieter engine.
- Machining – State-of-the-art Rottler equipment allows DFC Diesel to remanufacture the Cummins engine to tighter than OEM specifications resulting in a longer-lasting more efficient engine assembly.
- Valve Springs – Instead of just testing old springs and reusing like most remanufacturers DFC installs brand new SBI valve springs that are still tested for proper spring pressure on every cylinder head we remanufacture.
- Cast Guides – Common industry practice is to check guide clearance and if within specification, not replace. DFC considers this practice unacceptable and installs new cast SBI guides in every cylinder head we remanufacture.
- Torque specs – These engines use many torque to yield fasteners that require bolt “stretch” to maintain adequate clamp loads. In addition to not just following the OEM procedures for tightening sequence, our assembly technicians record the achieved torque load through the use of digital torque wrenches ensuring no fastener will come loose over time.
- Bed Plate Sealing –DFC adds an additional bead of high quality silicone to the bed plate inside the OEM silicone seal giving an additional layer of protection from potential bed plate oil leaks on all 6.0 and 6.4 engines.
- ARP Head Studs – Our 6.7 engines come standard with ARP series 2000 head studs to further enhance the engine’s durability by preventing head gasket failure.
The specific brand of each component may change due to part availability at the time of each build. Parts are chosen at the discretion of DFC and cannot be specially requested. DFC uses only the best components sourced from multiple brands during the remanufacturing process.
$500 Crate charge is included in the core charge total. Engine shipping crate must be returned with the core engine to receive full core credit. The price listed includes pre-paid shipping for the core return of $350 and a $200 oversize shipping fee.