Banks Power Ram-Air Intake System
Emissions Compliant: D-161-118 for Oiled
Emissions Compliant: D-161-102 for Dry
10-12 6.7L Dodge Cummins 24V
Testing, testing & more testing.
Banks Ram-Air Intake Systems are tested and proven. They start out as CAD software prototypes and are put through flow simulations. After a hardware prototype is made, it’s tested on a flow bench. Then it’s tested on the vehicle. And finally, Banks’ density-tests the Ram-Air against stock and many competitors.
Proven design. Proven performance.
Thanks to its enclosed cold-air housing, huge inlet, giant dome-shaped filter, and streamlined design, Banks Ram-Air Intake maximizes the flow of cool, dense air to the engine for greater power and fuel economy. It flows 50% better than stock-and delivers greater air density to the turbo’s inlet than the stock system and all competitors tested. Add on the optional Super-Scoop and the results are even better!
Longer service life, too.
An aftermarket exclusive: with 4-1/2″ bellows, Banks Ram-Air accommodates engine movement, which protects the components and extends service life. What’s more, Ram-Air is designed to not cause fault or error codes.
It’s all about density.
And Banks Ram-Air Intake delivers. The harder you work your truck, the more Banks Ram-Air Intake improves power and fuel economy!
- Extensively tested & validated
- Enclosed housing keeps out hot, power-robbing engine air
- Inhales cooler outside air for more power & MPG
- Giant filter maximizes high-flow filtration
- Helps engine run cooler
- Accommodates engine movement
- Prevents component damage
- Extends service life and requires fewer cleanings
- Outflows stock up to 50%
- Reduces exhaust gas temps (EGTs)
- Optional Super-Scoop rams cold air for more power
- Exclusive 4-1/2 inch bellows to accommodate engine movement.
- Elevated ambient air temp 17.7° F
- Lowered air pressure 6.8%
- Combined result: air density 90.2% of ambient
Replaces the stock setup with new housing, filter with 7.5” outlet, lid & ducting system made of cross-linked polyethylene & polypropylene, all the way to the inlet of the turbo compressor. Inlet to the filter housing is sealed to the fender air duct with open-cell foam.
- Elevated ambient temp just 12.3° F
- Air pressure 3.9% lower than ambient
- Combined result: air density 93.9% of ambient
Banks Ram-Air with optional Super-Scoop
- Elevated ambient temp only 7.0° F
- Air pressure only 2.8% lower
- Combined result: air density 96.0% of ambient
- The best temperature preservation of any of the 9 systems tested
- The highest overall density of the 9 systems tested
- Delivers enough density improvement over stock to increase the power output 28 more hp at the same EGT!
Testing so good, it’s patented! Banks Power sets uncompromisingly high standards for testing. In fact, we were awarded an Engine Performance Evaluation patent from the United States Patent and Trademark Office
Check it out: Engine Performance Evaluation: US Patent # 7,254,477